Recent news and posts
The 2023 list of medical technologies approved for innovation funding (NUB) released in Germany
On January 30, 2023, the Institute for the Hospital Remuneration System (InEK) has published the list of the requests for innovation funding (NUB) that were submitted by the hospitals in 2022.
Out of 936 submitted technologies, 271 (29%) received the positive status 1, which means that the suggested procedure or medical device met the NUB criteria, so now the hospitals can negotiate the innovation funding for these technologies with the sickness funds.
Furthermore, 34 (4%) technologies received differentiated status, which means that status 1 can be granted only under certain conditions.
Some examples of medical technologies (in total there are 81 technologies, excluding pharmaceuticals), which obtained status 1, is provided below. The technologies with differentiated status were not included in the list.
- Insertion of coated (covered) stents with the bioactive surface for peripheral vessels
- Covered endoprostheses with the bioactive surface for dialysis shunt revision
- Endovascular placement of an internal AV shunt using magnetically guided high-frequency energy
- Flow-reducing wire mesh in the coronary sinus
- Intra-aortic catheter with paracorporeal membrane pump for circulatory support
- Thrombectomy of pulmonary vessels using the disc retriever system
- Hemodynamically effective implant for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and cervical vessels supplying the brain
- Therapy of scoliosis using magnetically controlled rods
- Transapical mitral valve reconstruction via implantation of neochordae (polytetrafluoroethylene, PTFE)
- Endo-Exo prosthesis
- Implantation of a heart valve that grows with the patient
- Radioligand therapy with Actinium-225-PSMA ligands
- Endoscopic intratumoral injection of phosphorus-32-labeled microparticles under ultrasound guidance in irresectable locally advanced pancreatic tumors
- Percutaneous transthoracic tricuspid valve replacement
- Radionuclide therapy with iodine-131 metomidate
Five new technologies (radioligand therapy of prostate cancer with lutetium (177Lu)-vipivotide-tetraxetan, radiotherapy with Lutetium-177 or Yttrium-90 CXCR4 ligands, fetoscopic therapy of fetal supraventricular tachycardia and laryngeal or tracheal occlusion, coverage of esophageal or tracheal/bronchial defects in infants by decellularized allografts, and implantation of an angular displacement intraocular lens in patients with macular diseases) received status 1 in comparison with the 2022 list.
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.