The Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) group develop and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England. New diagnostic codes concern circulating tumor DNA profile for the different type of cancers, myriad Prolaris test, PET Scan with florbetapir, etc. and a procedure code for robotic-assisted radical hysterectomy and lymphadenectomy. The codes are introduced with a recommended adoption date being the 1st of May 2019. The documents also contain a list of textual changes in codes and an updated list of unacceptable combinations of codes.
The CCSD Group has approved the following diagnostic codes for publication to the CCSD Schedule in February 2019 with a recommended adoption date being the 1st of May 2019:
- Circulating tumor DNA profile for breast cancer (Guardant 360) (3100G)
- Circulating tumor DNA profile for upper gastrointestinal cancer (Guardant 360) (3101G)
- Circulating tumor DNA profile for colorectal cancer (Guardant 360) (3102G)
- Circulating tumor DNA profile for cancer of unknown primary (Guardant 360) (3103G)
- Myriad Prolaris (3015G)
- PET Scan with florbetapir (IM371)
- Gene Panel Myriad Colaris Plus with the colorectal high-risk panel (3016G)
- B Cell Clonality (3017G)
- ALCA – Anti-Liver Cytosol (LC1) Antibodies (0101B)
See full details here.
The new procedure code “Robotic-assisted radical hysterectomy and lymphadenectomy (Wertheim's) +/- ureterolysis” (Q0711) was also recommended for adoption. See full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.