Recent news and posts
Changes regarding CHOP classification released in Switzerland
The Federal Statistics office has published, in late December 2018, the changes regarding procedure coding that would come into force in January 2019.
The announcement contains the regular annual updates, but also some other changes regarding the CHOP classification of procedures:
- Changes regarding analog coding (CAR-T cell therapy and microvascular flap grafting from muscle or fascia to the hand)
- Changes regarding devices for closure of the vessels (vascular plugs; 00.4G)
- Changes regarding the destruction of lesion or bone tissue
- Changes regarding vertebral body substitute and intervertebral arthrodesis devices
- Changes regarding growing rod (7A.A2)
- Changes regarding plastic reconstruction of the rotator cuff (81.82.45)
- Changes regarding mechanical ventilation and respiratory assistance (93.9F)
- Changes regarding plasma transfusion
- Other, lesser changes
The announcement also contains the 2019 version of the coding manual. Several changes have been implemented, in particular:
- Changes regarding S0102c – sepsis
- Changes regarding S1001g – mechanical ventilation
- Changes regarding S1201g – plastic surgery (sentence correction regarding French version, only)
Furthermore, the list of all requested changes (regarding coding manual or CHOP classification) in 2018 has been published.
All documents can be downloaded in Italian (change to German or French in the top-right corner) from this page.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.