On August 16, 2021, the preliminary version of OPS 2022 was published. Numerous content updates and new procedure codes inclusion concern chapters 5 “Operations” and 8 “Non-operative therapeutic measures”. Also, minor changes were made in chapters 1, “Diagnostic measures” and 3, “Diagnostic imaging”. Some examples of newly introduced codes per technology group are provided below:
- 5-35a.05 Implantation of an aortic valve replacement: Endovascular;
- 5-35b.20 Use of special methods for minimally invasive mitral valve replacement: Use of percutaneous apical access and closure system;
- 5-377.n1 System for stimulation of the conduction system: With 3 electrodes;
- 1-999.42 Type of cystoscope: Flexible reusable cystoscope;
- 5-46b.1 Additional information on operations on the intestine: Motorized spiral endoscopy;
- 5-218.23 Septorhinoplasty with correction of the cartilage and bone: With alloplastic implants;
- 8-839.b5 Endovascular implantation, replacement, or removal of a paracorporeal pulsatile membrane pump with integrated counter-pulsation for circulatory support or perfusion augmentation: Implantation, aorta;
- 5-339.25 Destruction of diseased lung tissue: Using radiofrequency ablation, percutaneous;
- 5-786.q Osteosynthesis procedure: Using an angle-stable plate with an integrated band;
- 5-803.c↔ Open surgical ligament surgery on the knee joint: Posterior cruciate ligament with an allogeneic tendon;
- 8-838.n** (Percutaneous) transluminal vascular intervention on vessels of the pulmonary circulation: Thrombectomy;
- 8-84e.0** (Percutaneous) transluminal implantation of stents with embolic protection in stenoses: One stent.
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.