Recent news and posts
New procedure codes introduced in Finland in October 2022
In the second half of October 2022, 47 new procedure codes were introduced by the Code Service of the Finnish National Health and Wellbeing Institution (THL). These codes became valid on November 1, 2022. The introduced codes are dedicated to diagnostic imaging, endoscopy, gastrointestinal, radiotherapy, pulmonary and airways, radiology, surgical procedures, and some other fields. Some examples of these procedure codes are listed below:
- JCA48 “Esophageal radioablation in gastrointestinal endoscopy (Barret’s RFA)”;
- JDK01 “Needle sampling under ultrasound examination of the gastrointestinal tract”;
- ZX096 “Boron neutron capture radiation therapy”;
- GX1S5 “Short-term measurement of carbon dioxide in breathing air (capnometry)”;
- ZXC21 “Contrast agent administration”;
- IBZ16 “Evaluation of the need for medical treatment of hepatitis C”;
- IDY30 “Individual treatment of insomnia, cognitive behavioral therapy”.
The full details in Finnish can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services “HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.