In December 2020, the Ministry of Health has expanded the Nomenclature of medical services in Russia. Section II of "Nomenclature of medical services" will contain new procedure codes that relate to medical interventions in obstetrics and gynecology.
Section "A" includes medical services which aim at the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, medical rehabilitation and have an independent complete meaning. Fourty-three services were added to section "A". The most important new services are are listed below:
- Auscultation of the fetus using a fetal Doppler (A02.20.007);
- Ultrasound cervicometry (А04.20.001.004);
- Fetal neurosonography (A04.23.001.004);
- Different types of fetal ultrasound (A04.30.001.001 - A04.30.001.008);
- Fetal ECG (A05.30.018).
Section "B" includes medical services, which are a set of medical interventions aimed at the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, medical rehabilitation and have an independent complete meaning. Six new items were added to Section "B":
- Epidural analgesia (B01.003.004.006.001);
- Patient-controlled epidural analgesia (B01.003.004.006.002);
- Spinal analgesia (B01.003.004.007.001);
- Spinal epidural analgesia (B01.003.004.008.001);
- Intravenous analgesia (B01.003.004.009.001);
- Patient-controlled intravenous analgesia (B01.003.004.009.002).
Changes were also made to the description of some codes.
The full details can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).