Recent news and posts
The Health Care Classification System was updated by the Danish Health Authority in January of 2018
The Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) quarterly updates the Health Care Classification System (Sundheds-væsenets Klassifikations System, SKS) and publishes the results on its website two weeks before its implementation, while the files with the changes are sent to the hospital systems.
The adjustments are subdivided into the major and minor changes. Minor changes are mostly the text updates, which do not change the meaning of the term and do not require the code closure. The changes are considered as major if they are associated with the implementation of a new code or the code closure.
In January of 2018, The Danish Health Authority published the latest major procedure code changes. Several new codes for invasive medical procedures are provided below:
- Ascites pump implantation (ALFA pump);
- Ascites pump revision (ALFA pump);
- Removal of the peritoneal catheter for ascites pump (ALFA pump);
- Replacement of the peritoneal catheter for ascites pump (ALFA pump);
- Replacement of bladder catheters for ascites pump (ALFA pump);
- Microwave destruction of sweat glands;
- Implantation of gold seeds in the liver;
- Implantation of gold seeds in the pancreas;
- Implantation of gold seeds in retroperitoneum;
- Y-90 selective internal radiotherapy;
- Drug pump replacement.
Several abolished codes are listed below:
- Treatments with open radioactive sources;
- Treatment of benign joint disorder with Y-90;
- Treatment of bone metastases with Sm-153 Lexidronam;
- Treatment of bone metastases with Sr-89;
- Treatment of Peritoneal Carcinoma with P-32;
- Treatment of SSTR-positive metastases with In-111 Octreotide;
- Treatment with Lu-177-dotatate;
- Treatment with Y-90-dotatoc;
- Treatment of neuroendocrine APUDomas with I-131 mibg;
- Treatment of adenoma toxica with I-131;
- Treatment of struma diffusa toxica with I-131;
- Treatment of struma nodosa toxica with I-131;
- Treatment of struma toxica without specification with I-131;
- Treatment of struma toxica with I-131;
- Treatment of carcinoma follicular of the thyroid gland with I-131;
- Treatment of carcinoma papilliferum of the thyroid gland with I-131;
- Treatment of malignant thyroid disease with I-131;
- Treatment of malignant lymphoma with Y-90 Zevalin.
See full details in Danish here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.