Recent news and posts
Changes in the Danish Health Care Classification System in July 2019
The Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) updates quarterly the Health Care Classification System (Sundheds-væsenets Klassifikations System, SKS) and publishes the results on its website two weeks before its implementation, while the files with the changes are sent to the hospital systems.
The adjustments are subdivided into the major and minor changes. Minor changes are mostly the text updates, which do not change the meaning of the term and do not require the code closure. The changes are considered as major if they are associated with the implementation of a new code or the code closure.
In July 2019, the Danish Health Authority published the latest major procedure code changes.
Nine (9) new codes for surgical procedures were added, including:
- Trabeculectomy with drainage implantation (KCHD35)
- Subretinal injection of gene modulating drug (KCKD84)
- A list of codes for anal fistula treatment, including advancement flap operation for anal fistula (KJGW96B), closure of anal fistula with laser (FiLaC) (KJHD43), injection of stem cells into anal fistula (KJHD46), closure of anal fistula with clips (KJHD63) and ligature of anal fistula (LIFT) (KJHD66)
- Construction of Seton suture (KJHW96B)
New sub-chapter with supplementary codes to specify the operating technique for eye surgery (KZLD) was implemented, including the codes:
- Implantation of the spacer (KZLD01)
- Implantation of eyelid weight (KZLD02)
- Silicone tube implantation (KZLD03)
- Implantation of the stent in tear channel (KZLD04)
Thirteen (13) new codes for medical procedures, including transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment (TMS) (BRXA5) and treatment with transcranial electromagnetic fields (T-PEMF) (BRXA6) were added.
See full details here
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.