Recent news and posts
Twenty-eight project ideas for Innovation Funding were accepted by the G-BA Innovation Committee in Germany
On November 18, 2022, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) announced the selection of twenty-eight project ideas for Innovation Funding of the new forms of care within the framework of the two-stage application process. A total of 114 project ideas were received in response to the funding announcement of March 3, 2022, and only twenty-eight were accepted.
The twenty-eight project ideas that were accepted concerned the following topics:
- Interdisciplinary care offers and suitable offers in the field of secondary and tertiary prevention for patients with complex care needs: 5;
- New forms of care to relieve nursing staff: 3;
- Integration of digital technologies in everyday care: 7;
- Digitization in the provision of medicinal products: 2;
- Social area-related care models, including municipal health-related services of general interest: 2;
- Strengthening of primary care: 5;
- Care models for children and young people: 2.
Also, the Innovation Committee will fund two project ideas from the open-topic area.
The selected participants can now submit the full applications required for project funding by the G-BA Innovation Fund by May 31, 2023. The Innovation Fund supports this phase with a maximum of €75,000. The Innovation Committee is expected to decide on the projects that will actually receive the funding during the fourth quarter of 2023.
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.