Recent news and posts
The timelines for updating the National Genomic Test Directory in 2022/23 are now defined in England
The National Genomic Test Directory lists genomic tests commissioned by NHS England via Genomic Laboratory Hubs. Three documents are available specifying tests codes, clinical indications, the technology by which tests are available, and eligibility criteria for patients:
- National Genomic Test Directory for cancer;
- National Genomic Test Directory for rare and inherited diseases;
- Rare and inherited disease eligibility criteria.
In June 2022, NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSEI) defined timelines for the evaluation of applications to update the National Genomic Test Directory in 2022/23. Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year:
- Applications submitted before August 31, 2022, will be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the April 2023 update to the Test Directory;
- For applications submitted after August 31, 2022, NHSEI will confirm the application review timeline with the applicant. Applications submitted after August 31, 2022, may not be reviewed until the 2023-2024 evaluation period;
- An updated version of the Test Directory will be published in April each year, including the changes recommended via the evaluation process.
Applications can be submitted via email to ENGLAND.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).