On November 23, 2022, the Norwegian Directorate of e-Health released an updated version of the National Laboratory code (NLK) system (Norsk laboratoriekodeverk 7280.65) and associated tariffs (Laboratoriekodeverk som gir rett til refusjon) for state and private laboratories to be implemented no later than January 01, 2023.
NLK system is for activity-based reimbursement by the Norwegian Health Economics Administration (Helfo) for laboratory tests performed in outpatient settings.
Eighty-six new codes were added to NLK in the areas of medical biochemistry, immunology and transfusiology, clinical pharmacology, medical genetics, and medical microbiology. Some examples of the newly-added codes are:
- NPU57704 P-Neurofilament light chain (NF-L) (plasma);
- NPU60991 Trc-CD31 expression (Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule) (thrombocytes);
- NPU60892 Sp-Herpes simplex virus IgG production (spinal fluid);
- NOR35257 DNA Whole Genome, NGS;
- NOR35258 Interpretation, 1-10 genes or known variants;
- NOR35268 DNA-Whole-genomic copy number analysis, SNP array.
See more information in Norwegian here (codes) and here (tariffs).
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).