Recent news and posts
Ongoing HTAs by SESCS in Spain in August 2023
In August 2023, the Evaluation and Planning Service of the Canary Islands Health Service (SESCS) is working on several HTAs, including evaluations in the cardiovascular, endocrine, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, surgical procedures, and some other fields. Some examples can be found below:
- Update of the evidence on the effectiveness, safety, and cost-effectiveness of the RT-CGM systems that are currently on the market, both for patients with type 1 and 2 Diabetes Mellitus;
- Implantation of a cardiac resynchronization therapy device with physiological stimulation and the use of an intracardiac navigator without the use of fluoroscopy;
- Cardiac rehabilitation in primary and home care;
- Targeted muscle reinnervation to improve pain, prosthetic tolerance, and myoprosthetic results in upper limb amputees;
- Embolization of genicular arteries for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee;
- Intraoperative radiotherapy in resectable brain metastases and/or resectable primary brain tumors;
- Analysis of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the extension to 74 years of colorectal cancer screening in the general population. Update;
- Effectiveness and safety of lymph drainage.
The full details in Spanish can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.