Recent news and posts
New procedure and diagnostic codes added to the private reimbursement schedule in England
In late September 2021, the Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) working group, which develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England, has published Bulletins 0179 and 0076 with changes to be implemented no later than January 01, 2022.
Four new procedure codes were introduced:
- Q1111 Manual vacuum aspiration of retained products of conception;
- W0323 Revision of osteotomy/ies (e.g., Scarf and Akin) for Hallux Valgus correction with or without internal fixation and soft tissue correction;
- W0324 Revision of osteotomy/ies (e.g., Scarf and Akin) for Hallux Valgus correction with or without internal fixation and soft tissue correction – bilateral;
- E5431 Robotic-assisted pulmonary lobectomy (including segmental resection).
Four new diagnostic codes were introduced:
- 0028B TB ELISpot;
- 6010B Acid Maltase panel (for Pompe disease);
- 6010G Acid Maltase panel (for Pompe disease);
- 0029T Cultured Fibroblast analysis.
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).