Recent news and posts
MTRC released report on reimbursement decisions for in-vitro diagnostic tests in 2018 in Europe
In-vitro diagnostic tests have specific reimbursement framework compared with medical devices.
In most of the European countries, IVD tests, that are performed at the hospital are included in DRG tariff and laboratories are funded using a global budget principle.
However, in out-patient settings, many countries have specific reimbursement frameworks for IVD tests, most commonly using a fee for service payment model.
MTRC released the report on reimbursement decisions for in-vitro diagnostic tests in 2018 in European countries, where explicit reimbursement framework exists (Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland).
Key features of the report:
- A brief overview of system - Brief overview of reimbursement framework in each country is provided
- List of all published decisions (>55) - All decisions per country are listed in the table format including the name of the test, the reimbursement tariff and web-link
Information for the following schemes are included:
- Belgium: IVD tests included into INAMI Nomenclature in 2018
- France: IVD tests include into NABM and RIHN (innovative tests) Nomenclatures in 2018
- Germany: IVD tests included into EBM nomenclature in 2018
- Netherlands: IVD tests included into reimbursement list of Dutch Health Care Authority (NZa) in 2018
- Switzerland: IVD tests included into List of Analyses (Annex 3 of the KLV List) in 2018
You can download sample pages and order the report here.