Recent news and posts
Memorandum of understanding signed to support HTA in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
In early 2019, the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed to support HTA in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. The MoU establishes a collaborative approach to the identification and assessment of new health technologies between Health Information and Quality Authority Ireland, Health Technology Assesment Group Ireland, Health Technology Wales, and the Scottish Health Technology Group. These bodies assess and give guidance on health technologies within their national healthcare systems.
The objective of the MoU between the four national technology assessments groups is to:
- Formalize collaboration and partnership working and improved shared understanding of work programmes and processes.
- Explore opportunities to collaborate on and/or co-produce evidence reviews on non-medicine health technologies of mutual interest.
- Realize economies of scale and scope in non-medicine HTA efforts, increasing both the volume and range of technology topics for which advice is developed in each country.
- Promote knowledge exchange to inform developments in respective national care systems.
- Enhance professional and personal development opportunities for the scientific and secretariat staff.
See full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.