Recent news and posts
Latest HTA activities by the Scottish Health Technology Group
The Scottish Health Technologies Group (SHTG) is a national health technology assessment (HTA) agency providing advice to NHSScotland on the use of new and existing health technologies (excluding medicines) likely to have a significant impact on healthcare. NHSScotland is required to consider SHTG advice.
In June 2023, one assessment was published concerning the review of clinical and cost-effectiveness evidence for a digital type 2 diabetes remission programme in Scotland.
In July 2023, two publications were issued; however, they were not related to Med Tech.
SHTG is working on the following assessments related to medical procedures or technologies (as of August 14, 2023):
- Outpatient biopsies (reusable and disposable) equipment for suspicious laryngeal and pharyngeal lesions;
- The cost-effectiveness of the Scottish Hip Fracture Audit;
- Community based respiratory care services for patients with chronic respiratory conditions;
- Technology enabled theatre scheduling tools;
- Living Donor Transplantation;
- Tumour profiling tests to guide chemotherapy decisions in early breast cancer.
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.