Recent news and posts
The G-BA Innovation Committee published funding priorities in Germany
On June 30, 2023, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) published the determined funding priorities for healthcare research projects (five topics) and clinical guidelines (four topics).
The following funding priorities were defined for healthcare research projects:
- Health services research on group settings in the field of medicinal products;
- Health services research on undesirable treatment consequences;
- Patients empowerment;
- Health services research to improve the care of people with hearing loss;
- Care of patients with post-viral symptom complexes such as post-/long-COVID, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
The deadline for submitting ideas is October 24, 2023, at noon.
The funding priorities for clinical guidelines include the following:
- Further development of guidelines for the care of more common diseases with special consideration of gender-specific aspects;
- Development and further development of guidelines for the care of more common diseases with special consideration of the use of digital technologies and the need for information when using digital technologies;
- Further development of guidelines with regular updates in the future (“Living Guidelines”);
- Care concerning the desire to have children, pregnancy, and childbirth.
The deadline for submitting ideas is September 26, 2023, at noon.
Applications can only be submitted in electronic form via the internet portal of the project sponsor responsible for handling the funding measures, the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR).
The project management agency DLR offers an information event for those interested in funding. The focus will be on the requirements for the applications. The approximately one-hour web seminar will take place on July 25, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. Registration is not required.
The full details in German can be found here, here (healthcare research projects: topic-specific funding announcement), here (healthcare research projects: open-topic funding announcement), and here (funding announcement for clinical guidelines).
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.