The Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) group develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England. The new procedure codes concern robotic-assisted laparoscopic procedures, 2-dimensional radiotherapy, revision of anti-reflux operations and others are introduced. The document also contains a list of textual changes in the codes and updated list of unacceptable combinations of codes.
The CCSD Group has approved the following procedure codes for publication to the CCSD Schedule in January 2019 with a recommended adoption date being the 1st of May 2019:
- Revision of anti-reflux operations with laparoscopic insertion of magnetic band (as sole procedure) (G2591)
- Delivery of electrons, single field or 2-dimensional radiotherapy on a megavoltage machine (X7016)
- Planning for electrons, single field or 2-dimensional radiotherapy on a megavoltage machine, including all imaging and dosimetry (X6016)
- Home sleep study including reporting (22029)
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic nephroureterectomy (M0284)
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic diverticulectomy of bladder (M3511)
- Percutaneous image-guided fine needle aspiration(s) (FNA) – bilateral (XR161)
- Cosmetic laser correction of refractive error (PRK/LASIK/LASEK) (C4421)
See full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.