The French National Authority for Health (HAS) released new decisions about intra-DRG reimbursement of medical devices from the meetings of the National Commission for Evaluation of Medical Devices and Health Technologies (CNEDiMTS) in July 2020. Decisions concern cardiac sutureless valve bioprostheses and implantable devices for the treatment of urinary incontinence.
The CNEDiMTS at HAS evaluates the medical devices for the intra-DRG list determining Actual Benefit (SA) on the basis of risk/benefit ratio, the position of the device in the therapeutic strategy, and public health benefit. In case of sufficient actual benefit, the device can be added to the intra-DRG list and purchased by hospitals after the decision of the Ministry of Health.
In July 2020, seven (7) medical devices received a positive assessment (sufficient actual benefit) for inclusion into the intra-DRG list:
- PERCEVAL PLUS, sutureless surgical aortic valve bioprosthesis
- CYRENE, suburethral strip in urinary incontinence
- ARIS, suburethral sling, implanted via the transobturator route
- UNITAFE VS, suburethral sling, implanted retropubically
- UNITAPRE T PLUS, suburethral sling, implanted via the transobturator route
- OBTRYX SYSTEM, suburethral bands, implanted via the transobturator route
- OBTRYX II SYSTEM, suburethral bands, implanted via the transobturator route
One medical device received insufficient clinical benefit:
- OPHIRA, suburethral mini sling.
See the latest decisions in French here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.