Recent news and posts
Changes in the Danish Health Care Classification System in April 2021
The Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) updates the Health Care Classification System (Sundheds-væsenets Klassifikations System, SKS) quarterly. It publishes the results on its website two weeks before the implementation, while the files with the changes are sent to the hospital systems.
The adjustments are subdivided into major and minor changes. Minor changes are mostly the text updates, which do not change the meaning of the term and do not require the code closure. The changes are considered major if they are associated with implementing a new code or code closure.
In late March 2020, the Danish Health Data Agency published the latest major code changes; the most significant changes include: 25 new diagnosis codes, 18 procedure codes, and four additional codes (Tillægskoder) were added. The most significant changes are provided below.
The SKS sub-chapter KJEB "Appendectomy with coecum resection" was created including two new procedure codes:
- KJEB00 Appendectomy with coecum resection
- KJEB01 Laparoscopic appendectomy with coecum resection
Nine newly introduced procedure codes in the gastrointestinal area under other SKS sub-chapters:
- KJFA82 Transluminal endoscopic full-wall excision of pathological tissue in the colon (EFTR)
- KJFA87 Transluminal endoscopically assisted laparoscopic excision of pathological tissue in the colon (CELS)
- KJFA88 Laparoscopically assisted transluminal endoscopic excision of pathological tissue in the colon (CELS)
- KJFB30B Subtotal colectomy
- KJFB31B Laparoscopic subtotal colectomy
- KJFB53 Resection of left flexure
- KJFB54 Laparoscopic resection of left flexure
- KJFB56 Extended left hemicolectomy
- KJFB57 Laparoscopically extended left hemicolectomy
One procedure code in the neurology field, BAFA1 "Percutaneous ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve cryoneurolysis", was introduced.
The full details in Danish can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.