On 26th April, the Italian national agency for regional healthcare, AGENAS, announced that five new HTA documents will be produced in the next months on the following topics:
- Cardioband, a transcatheter mitral valve annuloplasty system for patients with mitral regurgitation developed by Valtech Cardio, now part of Edwards Lifesciences;
- GreenLight XPS, a 180 W and 532 nm wavelength laser for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia manufactured by Boston Scientific;
- Wearable cardioverter-defibrillator (WCD) in primary and secondary prevention of sudden cardiac arrest in patients at risk;
- MammaPrint® test (Agendia) for adjuvant chemotherapy decision-making in early breast cancer;
- JLB-Internal Jugular Catheter, a new centrally-inserted peripheral catheter developed by DELTA MED SpA.
No further details about the five projects have been released at the moment. The agency is calling for clinical experts to be involved in the assessment process on a voluntary basis.
See the news on Agenas’s website in Italian here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.