Recent news and posts
2024 Swedish procedure coding system (KVÅ) released
In October 2023, the annual update of the Swedish procedure coding system (Classification of Health Care Measures, KVÅ) was released to come into force on January 1, 2024. KVÅ includes two parts – medical procedures (KMÅ) and surgical procedures (KKÅ) divided by chapters based on anatomical principles.
A total of 70 new surgical procedure codes and 17 new medical procedure codes were introduced concerning endoscopy, ENT, men’s health, nephrology and urology, peripheral vascular, and spine. Some examples of new codes are listed below:
- KAD21 Percutaneous endoscopic heminephroureterectomy;
- KFD80 Microsurgical denervation of the testis (incl. microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord);
- KXT00 Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) of the pelvic floor and prostate;
- ZKX01 Combined percutaneous endoscopic and endoluminal urological procedure (additional code);
- ABC77 Transforaminal endoscopic lumbar discectomy;
- ABC89 Lumbar endoscopic unilateral laminotomy for bilateral decompression;
- NAV25 Posterior endoscopic lumbar fusion.
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.