On January 1, 2023, the annual update of the Finnish NordDRG system came into force. There are 947 DRGs in the 2023 DRG system, compared to 930 DRGs in 2022. Among other changes, 34 new DRGs were introduced, including the DRGs in the cardiovascular, endocrine, endoscopy, gastrointestinal, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, peripheral vascular, surgical procedures, and some other fields.
Some examples of newly introduced DRGs are provided below:
- 140C “Angina pectoris, complicated”;
- 291C “Diabetes, > 17, complicated”;
- 711P “Endoscopy of the upper digestive tract, anesthesia”;
- 184N “Inflammatory disease of the digestive tract, child, not complicated”;
- 370M “Cesarean section, very complicated”;
- 236N “Fracture of hip or pelvis, not complicated”;
- 119P “Varicose vein surgery, bilateral, short treatment”;
- 505 “Demanding or complicated breast reconstruction surgery”;
- 823T “Desensitization to allergens, short therapy”.
More information can be found on the website of the Finnish Consulting Group here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services “HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.