Recent news and posts
2022 DRG catalog (Fallpauschalen-Katalog) published in Germany
In late November 2021, the INeK (Institute for the Hospital Remuneration System) has published the DRG catalog (Fallpauschalen-Katalog) with the list of DRGs and add-on reimbursement categories (ZEs) for 2022. Seven new DRGs and seventeen ZE categories were added to the catalog in 2022.
Some examples of newly introduced DRGs and ZE categories are provided below:
- F75D Other diseases of the circulatory system without extremely severe complications (CC) or one day of stay, age >9 years and age <16 years, without severe CC or age >15, without specific cardiovascular disease;
- I87K Complex treatment of pathogens requiring isolation in diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue, COVID-19, virus detected;
- E02F Other operating room (OR) procedures on the respiratory organs, age >17 years, without specific interventions on the larynx or trachea, without moderately complex interventions, without extremely severe complications (CC), without endoscopic lung volume reduction, without other moderately complex interventions, one day of stay without specific intervention.
Some examples of newly introduced ZE categories are provided below:
- ZE2022-198 Molecular monitoring of the residual tumor burden [MRD]: Molecular genetic identification of disease-specific markers;
- ZE2022-199 Molecular monitoring of the residual tumor burden [MRD]: Disease-specific molecular genetic quantification.
There is no national tariff for these categories (the tariffs will be agreed upon between the individual hospitals and health insurance).
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.