Recent news and posts
2021 DRG (LKF) model published in Austria
In late September 2020, the Austrian version of the DRG system (LKF) 2021 model with the relevant supplementary documents was published in Austria. The document “Changes and innovations in the 2021 model” (Änderungen und Neuerungen in den LKF-Modellen 2021) provides an overview of the most significant changes and innovations in the LKF model for the inpatient and outpatient care. For 2021, the main changes include the addition of sixteen new procedure codes and the introduction of two new procedure codes for billing in the day-case settings, update of cases flat rates, and adjustments of the cases daily component calculation. Some of the newly introduced procedure codes are listed below:
- DA140 Transaortic subvalvular myectomy (LE = per session)
- EF041 Percutaneous transluminal recanalization with a drug-eluting balloon (DEB) with stent implantation - lower extremity (LE = per side). This procedure code was also included for billing in the day case settings
- HZ015 Endoscopic variceal ligation/coagulation of vascular ectasias in the GI tract (LE = per session)
- NC041 Osteosynthesis of the distal fibula (outer malleolus) (LE = per side). This procedure code was also included for billing in the day case settings
- XN051 Implantation of a tricuspid valve clip - percutaneous (LE = per session)
- XN140 Implantation of a system for telemedical monitoring of pulmonary arterial pressure (LE = per session)
The XN codes are provisional one and temporary included in the DRG system until the benefits of the procedures are established.
The full details in German can be found here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.