In January 2020, the Reimbursement Commission made changes to the Healthcare Implementation Communique. The main changes relate to the addition of new laboratory test codes, procedure codes, new devices related to the ophthalmology, and price changing of materials related to interventional radiology.
Major updates include the following:
- Three new services have been added to Annex-2/C ("case-based" reimbursement method)
- Three new services have been added to Annex-2/B ("fee-for-service" reimbursement method)
- Nine new devices were added to the eye devices category
- The price list of drugs abroad has been updated
- In the Annex-2/B, the old laboratory codes were deleted (550 services) and replaced with new codes starting with the letter “L” and new codes were added (1948 services)
- In the Annex 2A/2 services, which can be billed outside of the "case-based" reimbursement method, the old laboratory codes (96 services) were deleted and replaced with new ones starting with the letter "L" and new services were added (116 services)
- In devices for interventional radiology, price changes were made in two devices, and one device was added
- In the text of Healthcare Implementation Communique, rule changes were made in outpatient treatments to be invoiced by the distances to be taken as a basis for the road expenses, the payment of dental treatments and the payment per service method
See the full details here.
Visit our online school if you want to learn about the Turkish hospital reimbursement system.
Our online seminar gives a comprehensive understanding of the hospital reimbursement landscape for medical devices in Turkish.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.