Recent news and posts
Updates on Clinical Commissioning Work Programs in England
On January 07, 2021, NHS England published an update of the Specialized Services Policy Pipeline (covering period October 19, 2020 - December 08, 2020).
Three types of Work Programmes exist:
- Clinical commissioning policy work program;
- Specialized commissioning service specification work program;
- Commissioning-through-Evaluation work programs.
Updates were only made in the clinical commissioning policy work program. Two new Clinical Commissioning Policies were added to the work program; however, only one related to med-tech - Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR) for locally advanced inoperable non-metastatic pancreatic cancer
Six new policies were published, five of which concern med-tech:
- Proton Beam Therapy for Craniospinal Irradiation in Adults (published on October 28, 2020) - recommended as a treatment option through routine commissioning
- External beam radiotherapy for patients presenting with hormone sensitive, low volume metastatic prostate cancer at the time of diagnosis (published on November 04, 2020) - recommended as a treatment option through routine commissioning
- Transcranial magnetic resonance guided focused ultrasound (TcMRgFUS) thalamotomy for treatment of medication-refractory essential tremor (published on November 04, 2020) - recommended to be available as a treatment option through routine commissioning from April 01, 2021, in patients that are not eligible for deep brain stimulation
- Lung volume reduction by surgery or endobronchial valve for severe emphysema in adults (published on November 04, 2020) - NHS England concluded that there is enough evidence to consider making treatments with both surgery and endobronchial duckbill valves available in centers with an experienced multi-disciplinary clinical team
- Pharmacogenomic testing for DPYD polymorphisms with fluoropyrimidine therapies (published on November 25, 2020) - recommended through routine commissioning as a pre-treatment screening test prior to the administration of fluoropyrimidine-based therapy
See the full details in English here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).