Recent news and posts
Regular update of the Norwegian Laboratory Code System released
On March 23, 2022, the Norwegian Directorate of e-Health released an updated version of the National Laboratory code (NLK) system (Norsk laboratoriekodeverk 7280.62) to be implemented no later than May 01, 2022. The associated tariffs are not published (as of April 11, 2022). NLK system has been used for activity-based reimbursement by the Norwegian Health Economics Administration (Helfo) in outpatient settings since 2018.
Thirty-two codes were added, 91 codes have been changed, and one code has been terminated.
The following new medical biochemistry codes were introduced:
- NPU58634, FIB-4 (Fibrosis-4 index for liver fibrosis, a scoring system based on several laboratory tests);
- NPU60571, blastocyst (morphology);
Twenty-five new medical microbiology codes were introduced, some examples are provided below:
- NPU56066, Pseudomonas DNA (faeces);
- NPU56067, Pseudomonas DNA;
- NPU60228, Bacterial whole genome;
- NPU60572, Trypanosoma cruzi IgG (ELISA) (plsma);
- NPU60573, Trypanosoma cruzi IgG (plsma);
- NPU60575, Molds fungi, whole genome;
- NPU60576, Yeast fungi, whole genome;
- NPU60577, Parasite, whole genome;
- NPU60578, Cytomegalovirus, whole genome;
- NPU60579, Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 + 2, whole genome;
- NPU60587, Clostridioides difficile toxin DNA;
- NPU60600, Herpes simplex virus 1 + 2 DNA (plasma);
- NPU60601, Enterobacteriae (carbapenem resistant) (faeces);
One new medical genetic code was introduced: NOR35245, RNA-NGS- transcriptome (Next-generation sequencing of the entire transcriptome)
One new immunology and transfusiology code was introduced: NPU60557, Laceyella sacchari IgG, m42 (plasma).
The following new clinical pharmacology codes were introduced:
- NPU60568, Ecgonine methyl ester (plasma);
- NPU60569, Norbuprenorphine(salvia);
- NPU60570, Cocaethylene (plasma)
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).