Recent news and posts
Ongoing medical technology and IVD-related HTA projects at Swedish SBU
Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Assessment of Social Services (SBU) is working on three health technology assessment projects, related to medical technologies and in-vitro diagnostics:
- Additional methods to a PSA-test for diagnosis of prostate cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment for endometriosis – a systematic review
- To provide the estimate of the diagnostic accuracy of imaging modalities for the diagnosis of endometriosis
- To determine the effectiveness and safety of different types of treatments for endometriosis
- Treatment options of arm fractures in the elderly
- Evaluation of the benefits and risks of surgery of arm fractures in women (age ≥50 years old and men ≥60 years old).
Full list of ongoing HTA projects is available here
Health technology assessments of the SBU do not have direct impact on reimbursement or funding of medical technologies, although they can definitely impact adoption of evaluated methods.
Subscribe to our biweekly newsletter not to miss important reimbursement information.