In Sweden, the County Councils are grouped into six healthcare regions to facilitate cooperation and to maintain a high level of advanced medical care. One of them is Örebro County Council with its Centre for Assessment of Medical Technology (CAMTÖ). This center serving the whole of Örebro County Council commissioned to promote Evidence-Based Medicine and to act as an advisory body within the County Council in matters related to Health Technology Assessment. It initiates processes to distribute the conclusions of national or regional systematic literature reviews to healthcare through the Council for Medical Knowledge Management. It produces systematic literature reviews for decision making, for example, on introducing new methods, or disposal of existing methodology. It leads the development of HTA cooperation in the healthcare region Uppsala-Örebro.
In February 2020, CAMTÖ started its work on the evaluation of peripherally inserted central venous catheter, which was included in the following list of ongoing assessments of medical procedures and technologies:
- Peripherally inserted central venous catheter;
- Sclerotherapy in Achilles tendinopathy;
- Automated drug dispensing for patients in hospitals;
- Integrated behavioral health / brief interventions in primary care;
- Standardized care processes;
- Voice weakness and training of expiratory musculature at Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis.
After the completion of the assessment procedure, the reports are published here.
See the full information in Swedish here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.