On April 29, 2021, the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) HTA Programme opened NICE Rolling Call for first-stage applications. The programme is interested in receiving applications to meet recommendations in research identified in NICE guidance published from 2015 onwards. This call considers the following NICE guidance: clinical, social care, public health, technology appraisals, interventional procedures, and diagnostics.
The key requirements are provided below:
- Proposals must be within the remit of the NIHR HTA programme, and the primary outcome measure must be health-related;
- Proposals should reference the NICE research recommendations and provide a clear rationale for any deviation from the given research recommendation;
- The importance of the proposed research should be justified, including how the work will reduce health inequalities and improve health outcomes;
- Applicants should clearly state how their proposed research addresses a current evidence gap and how the research adds value to the existing NIHR research portfolio;
- Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed methodology is appropriate and robust, with consideration given to methodological limitations;
- Applications should be co-produced, showing an equal partnership with service commissioners, providers and service users to provide evidence and actionable findings of utility to decision-makers and service users;
- Patient and public involvement must be included within the application and study design.
The following documents are available to support the application process:
- Call specification document;
- Stage 1 guidance notes;
- Stage 1 application supporting information.
The first-stage application should be submitted online no later than September 01, 2021. Successful applicants will then be invited to submit a stage 2 application.
See full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).