Recent news and posts
NHSX has been launched in England
NHSX has officially launched in July 2019 bringing together teams from the Department of Health and Social Care and NHS England and NHS Improvement, to lead the largest digital health and social care transformation program in the world.
NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation program in the world. With an investment of more than £1 billion pounds a year nationally and a significant additional spend locally, NHSX has been created to give staff and citizens the technology they need.
- Coordination and consistency
- Setting a national policy for NHS technology, digital and data (including data-sharing and transparency)
- Setting the strategy, developing best practice guidance, coordinating activities across the arms-length bodies and national or central programs
- Becoming a single point of accountability for national digital transformation programs and the oversight of NHS Digital
- Setting standards
- Developing, agreeing and mandating clear standards (for example, on user experience, open standards, information governance, and open source) for the use of technology in the NHS
- Making sure that NHS systems become interoperable and that the NHS can incorporate the latest innovations without breaking the technical plumbing underneath
- Driving implementation
- Helping to improve clinical care by delivering agile, user-focused projects
- Developing digital care pathways and solving administrative challenges across the NHS
- Delivering APIs and documentation to empower developers and data analysts across the NHS and the health tech industry
- Driving digital and tech maturity in local NHS organizations
- Radical innovation
- Supporting the use of new, emergent and effective technologies by the NHS, both by working with industry and through its prototyping and development
- Common technologies and services
- Making sure that common technologies and services, including the NHS App, are designed so that trusts and surgeries don’t have to reinvent the wheel each time
- Making sure that that all source code is open by default so that anyone who wants to write code for the NHS can see what we need
- Reforming procurement
- Helping the NHS buy the right technology through the application of technology standards, streamlined spend controls and new procurement frameworks that support standards
- Cyber policy
- Setting national strategy and mandating cybersecurity standards, so that NHS and social care systems have security designed in from the start
- Digital capability
- Championing and developing digital training, skills, and culture, so staff are digital-ready
- Delivering an efficient process for technology spend, domain name management, and website security
- Reviewing the effectiveness of governance arrangements regularly
See full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.