The Medical Device and Health Technology Evaluation Committee confirmed the interest of foot orthosis and heel cup, despite a lack of literature on the subject. Expected benefit has been declared sufficient. HAS create two categories for an inscription under generic name:
- Tailor-made foot orthosis, both corrective and compensatory
- Heel cup (molding included)
CNEDIMTS has specified also use indications for these two categories.
- Foot orthosis:
- Correct a dynamic or static imbalance of lower limbes, under 20 mm
- Compensate foot morphological abnormalities
- Relieve painful pressure of lower limbs
- Prevent foot trophic or neurovascular disorders
- Heel cup:
- Calcaneus malalignment caused by instability of joints for the upper ankle
See synthesis here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information