Recent news and posts
New proposed LPPR nomenclature for foot orthosis and heel cup
The Medical Device and Health Technology Evaluation Committee confirmed the interest of foot orthosis and heel cup, despite a lack of literature on the subject. Expected benefit has been declared sufficient. HAS create two categories for an inscription under generic name:
- Tailor-made foot orthosis, both corrective and compensatory
- Heel cup (molding included)
CNEDIMTS has specified also use indications for these two categories.
- Foot orthosis:
- Correct a dynamic or static imbalance of lower limbes, under 20 mm
- Compensate foot morphological abnormalities
- Relieve painful pressure of lower limbs
- Prevent foot trophic or neurovascular disorders
- Heel cup:
- Calcaneus malalignment caused by instability of joints for the upper ankle
See synthesis here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information