In late March 2021, multiple new procedure codes were introduced by the Code Service of the Finnish National Health and Wellbeing Institution (THL), including ten neuromodulation codes, 54 codes in the ophthalmology area, and three codes in the cardiovascular area. The introduced procedure codes concerning the cardiovascular field and neuromodulation are listed below as examples.
Cardiovascular procedure codes:
- FPE60 Placement of a wireless pacemaker
- FPG50 Setting the subcutaneous arrhythmia pacemaker
- FPG52 Subcutaneous arrhythmia pacemaker replacement
Neuromodulation procedure codes:
- ABD34 Placement of the spinal cord stimulation electrode
- ABD35 Placement of the spinal cord stimulation pulse generator
- ABD60 Placement of the dorsal root ganglion stimulation electrode
- ABD61 Placement of the dorsal root ganglion stimulation pulse generator
- ABD62 Placement of dorsal root ganglion stimulation electrode and pulse generator
- ABD63 Revision of dorsal root ganglion stimulation neuromodulator
- ABD64 Replacement of dorsal root ganglion stimulation electrode
- ABD65 Replacement of the dorsal root ganglion stimulation pulse generator
- ABD66 Removal of dorsal root ganglion stimulation neuromodulator
- ABD67 Removal of the dorsal root ganglion stimulation pulse generator
The full details in Finish can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.