In January 2021, the Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) working group, which develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England, has published Bulletins 0174 and 0071 with changes to be implemented not later than May 01, 2021.
Five new procedure codes were introduced:
- G8081 "Upper GI capsule endoscopy (including interpretation and evaluation)"
- M6141 "Robotic assisted radical perineal prostatectomy, reconstruction of bladder neck (including bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy) (including cystoscopy)"
- M6140 "Radical perineal prostatectomy, reconstruction of bladder neck (including bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy) (including cystoscopy)"
- T5781 "Percutaneous ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation for recalcitrant plantar fasciitis"
- T5782 "Open radiofrequency ablation for recalcitrant plantar fasciitis"
Three new diagnostic codes were introduced
- 0011B "Diabetes Type 1 (Glutamic acid decarboxylase, IA2 antibodies, Zinc transport 8)"
- 0012B "EBV VCA IGM"
- 0013B "Eosin-5-maleimide (EMA)"
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).