In August 2022, the Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) working group, which develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclatures for private payers in England, published Bulletins 0185 and 0082 with changes to be implemented no later than October 11, 2022.
Seven new procedure codes were implemented:
- S0609 Photodynamic therapy (PDT) with daylight, to malignant lesion of skin - up to three;
- S0610 Photodynamic therapy (PDT) with daylight, to malignant lesion of skin - four or more;
- S0941 Photodynamic therapy (PDT) with daylight, to non-malignant lesions of skin;
- CD030 Wireless patch continuous 1 lead ECG recorder for up to 14 days;
- W7718 Primary arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation procedure (including labral/SLAP/tendon repair);
- W7719 Primary open shoulder stabilisation procedure (including labral/SLAP/tendon repair);
- D0311 Reconstruction of ear following trauma or excision of tumour.
No new in-vitro diagnostic codes were introduced:
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).