Recent news and posts
New procedure and diagnostic codes added to the private reimbursement schedule in England
In late May 2021, the Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) working group, which develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England, has published Bulletins 0177 and 0074 with changes to be implemented not later than August 01, 2021.
Five new procedure codes were introduced:
- L7260 Intravascular ultrasound of non-coronary arteries and veins (as sole procedure, not otherwise specified);
- D2421 Insertion of Cochlear Implant – Bilateral;
- Q1131 Hysteroscopic removal of retained products of conception;
- B2927 Reconstruction of breast using fixed prosthesis and acellular dermal matrix (ADM) (including delayed reconstruction) – bilateral;
- X3591 Intravenous infusion of iron.
Six new codes for in-vitro diagnostics were introduced:
- 0014B Acromegaly Tolerance Test;
- 0002C Neurofilament Light Chain;
- 0015B Anti Hyaluronidase Antibodies (AHYA);
- 7263C CSF Microscopy;
- 8243C CSF Microscopy and Culture;
- 5050B Measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies.
Three new diagnostic codes for radiology procedures were added:
- IM376 PET/CT Ga68 PSMA
- IM377 PET/CT Ga68 Dotatate scan, whole body
- IM378 PET/MR F18 Choline scan
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).