Recent news and posts
MTRC starts a subscription service with bi-weekly reimbursement news for medical devices and IVD tests
Market access is an actively developing field. Every month and surely every year, multiple changes are happening in the reimbursement systems.
For any medical device company, it is a challenge to follow all developments of the market. For three last years, MTRC was maintaining very popular, free of charge newsletter on key developments in reimbursement systems in Europe.
From August 2020, we are bringing this service to a new level with the subscription service "Reimbursement Alerts – Med Tech".
In this service, our team manually, bi-weekly tracks all developments from 29 stakeholders from 14 European countries and additional stakeholders globally and shares with its clients via email. This can help you stay up-to-date and ahead of the competition by promptly reacting to key developments in the reimbursement systems.
Key features of the service:
- Global coverage: The service includes key reimbursement organizations (payors, decision-makers, DRG administrators, developers of procedure coding) in Europe and globally (Australia, Canada, and USA). Only in Europe in total, 29 organizations from 14 countries are monitored
- Key national organizations are included: The service focuses on key national organizations and national legislation in each country. Regional organizations are not covered at the moment
- Timely alerts with essential information: Alerts about reimbursement developments are sent to email every 2 weeks. For each news, a title, brief summary and the link are provided
- All news are classified according to 31 Technology Groups: The service helps to focus only on technologies of interest (e.g., cardiovascular devices or in-vitro diagnostic tests) and avoid wasting time on not relevant reports
- Customized alerts and an unlimited number of subscribers: All reports are customized based on the client's preferences about geographical and technological coverage. Number of enrolled subscribers from one company is unlimited
- Reports are developed using a manual search: We do not trust search robots to identify and classify relevant information. The search and categorization of identified reports is performed manually by MTRC analysts
Types of information included:
- Procedure codes: New procedure codes (quarterly in Denmark, monthly private codes in England, annual codes in other countries)
- DRG and reimbursement codes: New DRGs, new add-on reimbursement categories. New out-patient reimbursement codes
- Structural changes of the system: New stakeholders, new conceptual legislation
- Innovation funding: New projects in the innovation funding schemes, developments of the programs, alerts about calls for proposals
- Coverage decisions: Coverage decisions by payors (e.g. NHS England) and decision-makers (e.g. Federal Joint Committee, Dutch Healthcare Institute)
- Clinical practice guidelines: Clinical guidelines, developed by the governmental organizations (e.g. HAS in France, Health Directorate in Norway)
Learn more, request a list of monitored organizations and more information here.