Recent news and posts
Med Tech-related technology assessments and clinical guidelines from NICE in September 2021
In September 2021, NICE published three Interventional Procedures Guidance (IPG):
- Magnetic resonance therapy for knee osteoarthritis;
- Laparoscopic removal of uterine fibroids with power morcellation;
- Hysteroscopic mechanical tissue removal (hysteroscopic morcellation) for uterine fibroids.
Details on these IPGs were published by MTRC on earlier (link).
Besides these IPGs, two new MedTech Innovation Briefings (MIBs) were published in September 2021. The MIB is the advice program of NICE for innovative technologies. It provides an overview of clinical effectiveness, safety, and cost. It does not offer formal guidance, and it, therefore, does not provide any recommendations. The two new MIBs published in September 2021 are:
- Carnation Ambulatory Monitor (CAM, Bardy Diagnostics) for ambulatory detection of cardiac arrhythmias, a P-wave centric electrocardiogram (ECG) patch monitor enabling prolonged monitoring for up to 14 days;
- OrganOx metra normothermic organ perfusion device for a liver transplant is fully automated and can preserve the donor organ in a functional state longer (up to 24 hours) than standard care.
A clinical guideline on COVID-19 managing was updated in September. New recommendations on non-invasive respiratory support were added.
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).