Recent news and posts
The Innovation Committee received 236 applications for Innovation Funding in Germany
On October 26, 2023, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) reported that 236 applications were received for innovation funding of healthcare research projects.
The applications received concerned the following topics:
- Healthcare research on group settings in the field of medicinal products: 15 applications;
- Healthcare research on undesirable consequences of treatment: 24 applications;
- Patient empowerment: 77 applications;
- Healthcare research to improve care for people with hearing loss: 18 applications;
- Care of patients with post-viral symptom complexes such as Post/Long COVID, myalgic encephalomyelitis, also called chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS): 21 applications;
- Open topic: 81 applications.
Also, 27 applications were received for the development or further development of the clinical guidelines:
- Further development of guidelines for care in more common diseases with particular consideration of gender-specific aspects: 10 applications;
- Development and further development of guidelines for care in more common diseases, with particular consideration of the use of digital technologies and the need for information when using digital technologies: 4 applications;
- Further development of guidelines with regular updates in the future (“Living Guidelines”): 7 applications;
- Care related to the desire to have children, pregnancy, and birth: 6 applications.
The Innovation Committee is expected to decide on which of the project applications received will be funded for both areas in the second quarter of 2024. New funding announcements are expected for both areas in the summer of 2024.
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.