Recent news and posts
HTAs published by Healthcare Improvement Scotland in the first quarter of 2021
In Scotland, Healthcare Improvement Scotland develops HTAs and clinical guidelines to support decision making. In the fourth quarter of 2020, Healthcare Improvement Scotland published assessments of targeted screening for early lung cancer in adults at high risk, gammaCore for cluster headache, and others.
The following assessments related to medical procedures or technologies were published in the first quarter of 2021:
- Rapid response - Evidence synthesis: Targeted screening for early lung cancer in adults at high risk;
- gammaCore for cluster headache;
- Clinician-guided internet-based psychotherapy compared with face-to-face therapy for people with anxiety or depression;
- Remote digital delivery of real-time psychotherapy compared with face-to-face therapy for depression or anxiety;
- Rapid response - Evidence synthesis: Discharge to assess;
- Robotic-assisted surgery;
- NHSScotland COPD Support Service: remote and self-management of high-risk patients;
- Rapid response - Metrics of glucose control and complications of diabetes.
The details of the published assessments can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).