Recent news and posts
The German Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG) has selected four topics for development of HTA reports in 2018-2019
Annually, the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG), asks the citizens to propose the topics for the future health technology assessment (HTA) reports at the web-site of ThemenCheck Medizin service. The IQWiG collects these proposals and then determines up to five topics of current interest per year for the HTA development. There are two following phases of HTA selection:
- Selection of 15 key topics by citizens and patient representatives
- Discussion of the topics selected in the first phase between the IQWiG and the members of the extended advisory board from a scientific point of view with the following final decision
Recently, the IQWiG has chosen four out of 31 themes proposed from November of 2016 to the end of July of the year of 2017 for the development of HTA reports:
- Testicular cancer: Does a regular screening test lead to better treatment results for men aged 16 or older? (HTA18-01)
- Cervical spine syndrome: influence of treatment duration and frequency of physiotherapy on the success of treatment (HTA18-02)
- Prostate Cancer: Does the use of fusion biopsy lead to better patient outcomes compared to standard diagnostic procedures? (HTA18-03)
- Mild depressive episode: Do non-medical procedures such as light and vitamin therapy lead to better results? (HTA18-04)
The first HTA reports from the above selection will presumably be published at the web-site of ThemeCheck Medizin service at the beginning of 2019.
The next process of topics’ selection will start in August of 2018. The suggestion of the topic can be done here.
See full details in German here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.