Recent news and posts
Generic Quality Framework for Medical Devices and three modules for continence, stoma and diabetic care have been registered in the Quality Register of the Dutch Health Care Institute
At the beginning of 2016 patient organizations, health care providers, health insurers, suppliers and manufacturers of medical devices have started working together with the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and Dutch Health Care Institute on the development of the Generic Quality Framework for Medical Devices and three specific modules, including:
The Generic Quality Framework for Medical Devices serves as a description of good healthcare care for the client. It provides tools for developing quality standards for users of specific categories of medical devices, with the aim to:
- unambiguously and transparently improve the quality of the medical aids used at home;
- describe how to choose the right device, that meets the patient's functional needs;
- ensure a wide choice of good quality device and acceptable costs (efficiency);
- be able to serve as a guideline for the supervision of the interpretation of the duty of care as referred in the Healthcare Insurance Act;
- use unambiguous language: a glossary of terms has been drawn up for this purpose (Appendix 2).
Health insurers can use the Generic Quality Framework for Medical Devices in healthcare purchasing for 2018.
See full details in the Dutch here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.