Recent news and posts
The G-BA Innovation Committee published funding priorities in Germany
On March 2, 2023, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) published the determined funding priorities for new forms of care.
The following topic-specific funding priorities were defined:
- Models to strengthen evidence-based healthcare design;
- Cooperative and interprofessional healthcare models with a further developed division of tasks between different healthcare professionals and service providers;
- Models for avoiding, reducing, and delaying the need for healthcare;
- New forms of care to strengthen and relieve caring relatives and caregivers;
- Models for improving the healthcare of chronically ill people with high care needs in areas with weaker healthcare;
- Optimization of the interfaces and cooperation between statutory health insurance and the public health service in prevention and healthcare.
Applications for project funding that cannot be assigned to any of the subject areas can be submitted via the open-topic funding announcement.
The funding process will be conducted in two stages. First, applicants will submit the idea, presenting the main content of the planned project. The Innovation Committee will then decide which ideas will be funded for concept development and prepare a qualified application (full application). The preparation of a complete application can be supported for a period of up to six months with a grant of up to a maximum of €75,000.
The deadline for submitting ideas is May 16, 2023.
Applications can only be submitted in electronic form via the internet portal of the project sponsor responsible for handling the funding measures, the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR).
The DLR project management agency is offering an approximately one-hour web seminar on March 21, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. - registration is not necessary; the announcement, including the participation link, is provided in the funding announcements.
The focus of the web seminar is on the creation and submission of ideas for the funding announcements. The DLR project management agency will explain to the participants of the web seminar, in particular, the requirements for the formal applications (ideas). In addition, the participants can formulate their questions about the creation and submission of the ideas in the live chat.
The Innovation Committee is expected to decide which of the submitted ideas were selected during the fourth quarter of 2023. Those applicants will be invited to prepare a complete application.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). Contact us to get a free, three-month, no-obligation trial.