The 2021-2024 HTA Methodology Program aims to develop HTA-related research designs, methods of analysis, and outcome measures for existing care and care innovations to improve research into the efficiency of care. The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport makes a maximum of €1,500,000 annually to implement the Program.
The HTA Methodology program for 2021-2024 will focus on methodologies for the assessment of a wide variety of innovations, such as genetic testing, implants, medicines, medical aids, and e-health, as well as for interventions that have existed for a much longer time and that have now been given a new light.
The Program has the following targets:
- The framework for implementation of the development of methodology that is useful for researchers, innovators, insurers, healthcare providers, and the government to evaluate the value of existing and new healthcare interventions in an appropriate manner
- Contribution to the decision-making about the appropriate use of medical innovations and their inclusion into the basic insurance package and the implementation of existing care
- Contribution to the further development of innovative research designs and analysis techniques that enable assessment in situations with, for example, little evidence data available
- The further development of outcome measures that can also be used to assess the effectiveness of care in situations where the main concern is improving the well-being of patients, such as a long-term care
- A learning guide in the form of a structured overview to help innovators, healthcare providers, and researchers to determine which research designs, analysis methods, and outcome measures are appropriate
- Round 1 (2021): knowledge gap analysis and elaboration of the Program
- Round 2 (2022): development of a learning guide
- Round 3 (2023): mid-term evaluation of a learning guide
- Round 4 (2024): update of a learning guide
The final evaluation of the HTA Program outcomes is scheduled for 2026.
The full details in Dutch can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).