Recent news and posts
Dutch Healthcare Authority published the fourth release of the 2021 DRG system
The fourth release of the DRG package for the year 2021 (RZ21d) applies to specialist medical care and geriatric rehabilitation care. It includes the update of end and effective dates of healthcare provider codes for Nursing Specialists' care (provided by US nurses who have specific expertise, knowledge, and experience):
- The effective date for the new code health care provider code 9135 “RIBIZ Nursing specialist, general health care” was moved from January 1, 2021, to September 1, 2020;
- The end date for the old codes was moved from December 31, 2020, to December 31, 2021
The following old codes will be replaced by the new code 9135:
- 9131 “Nurse specialist, acute care for somatic disorders”;
- 9132 “Nurse specialist, intensive care for somatic disorders”;
- 9141 “Nurse specialist, acute care for somatic disorders (9100 +9131)”;
- 9142 “Nursing specialist, intensive care for somatic disorders(9100 + 9132)”.
The changes involve the update of grouping logic tables for a number of medical specialties listed in the release file.
The full details in Dutch can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).