The Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE) is a federal scientific organization that was established to advice policy makers on decisions regarding healthcare and health insurance by collection and provision objective evidence, validation of data and performance of health economics analysis.
KCE is working now on development of research program for 2018 and proposals for research topics can be submitted by filling in an online form till 6th of September, 2017. Proposal can also be submitted by the industry.
Within the evaluation process the jury that consists of 12 experts (members of the KCE management, senior experts, and other experts specialized in the domain concerned) will assess the eligibility and priority criteria of each proposals:
- Belonging to KCE’s activity domains (Good Clinical Practice, Health Technology Assessment, Health Services Research)
- Policy relevance
- Feasibility of study for completion during one year
- Importance of the study in relation to frequency, severity of health state and room of improvement
The jury will give scores for each proposal. The best scored research topics will be included in a shortlist of some 20 new study topics. This shortlist will be presented to the KCE Executive Board in October. Then Executive Board will deeply review all proposed topics with scoring of priority of projects and then it will approve the final 2018 study program in December of 2017.
- See priority criteria here.
- See process establishment of the definitive study program here.
- See source of information here.
- See online form for submission here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.