In the end of November, the Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE) and the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Care innovation (ZonMw) signed an agreement to invest 6 million euros for Belgium-Netherlands Funding of International Trials (BeNeFIT). This Belgium-Netherlands collaboration is aimed to carry out non-commercial practice-oriented comparative studies that should be performed by Belgian and Dutch institutions. Only non-commercial organisations can submit a proposal. Additionally, Belgian and Dutch institutions will be invited to submit proposals for research work in January, 2018. The approved research will be carry out by at least two Belgian and two Dutch institutions.
Following studies are considered eligible for funding:
- Research of different types of technologies (medicines, medical devices, diagnostic tests and surgery) that are currently in use and eligible for reimbursement
- Research of two treatment options for comparison (including active treatment, placebo or no treatment)
Following studies are not considered for funding:
- Implementation research
- Studies on the organisation of Health Care (Health services Research)
- Ongoing studies and studies that are currently recruiting of participants
- Studies on new interventions and innovation
See full information in English here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.