As part of the Ministry of Health and AGENAS agreement "Technological innovation, productivity, monitoring of consumption and costs according to an HTA (Health Technology Assessment) model," AGENAS will soon carry out the assessment of several medical devices and procedures.
Thus, in early February 2019, AGENAS has called for the voluntary contribution of the clinical experts and/or reviewers, as well as for the contribution of the manufacturers has announced that they’re working on several HTA projects. The voluntary reviewers will join the project soon, while in March 2019, the manufacturers will provide their contribution.
The contribution is requested for the following topics: The following topics are to be assessed:
- Bariatric surgery for patients with type 2 diabetes regardless of body mass index – adapted HTA
- Eversense XL CGM system: Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM real-time) in patients with diabetes mellitus treated with insulin – adapted HTA
- Elecsys®sFlt-1/PlGF (Preeclampsia): test in preeclampsia diagnosis – horizon scanning report
- SIRIO H3: virtual navigation system to support radiological procedures with percutaneous access - horizon scanning report
- Elekta Unity: Adaptive radiotherapy with the combination of MR imaging and linear accelerator (linac) - horizon scanning report
Interested parties should send an email to email@example.com, with accompanied by the CV and the attached disclosure statement and confidentiality agreement duly filled, indicating the role they’re applying for. The selection process will be done according to the AGENAS HTA manual. The deadline is February 28, 2019.
The same is valid for the manufacturers, but they are also invited to the headquarters of AGENAS, in Rome, to discuss these devices in person:
- Elecsys® - March 19, 2019, 11:30h – 13h
- SIRIO H3 – March 21, 2019, 11:30h – 13h
- Eversense XL CGM system – March 26, 2019, 11:30h – 13h
- Elekta Unity – March 28, 2019, 11:30h – 13h
See all details, with the declaration on the conflict of interest and privacy, here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.