Recent news and posts
2023 version of the SwissDRG released
On November 30, 2022, the entity managing the DRG system in Switzerland, SwissDRG, has published the final version of the 2023 DRG system. In total, 21 new DRGs were introduced, and they concern cardiovascular, ENT, gastrointestinal, gynecology, neurovascular, pulmonary, and some other technology groups. Some examples of the newly introduced DRGs are:
- D13C Tonsillectomy or adenectomy except for malignancy, age > 15 years;
- G86B Diseases and disorders of the digestive system, hospitalization for one day;
- H33A Multiple stage complex OR procedures or complex negative pressure therapy or negative pressure therapy with specific intervention or pancreas or liver surgery with complex intensive care > 196/360 resource points or specific complex intensive care with resource points for complex treatment BMI, with malignancy or severe pancreatitis;
- N86A Diseases and disorders of the female genital system and complicating diagnosis, one day hospitalization;
- A07D Assisted breathing > 499 hours or other challenging cases, age > 15 years.
Also, three new add-on reimbursement categories, belonging to the sub-chapter “Endovascular axial pump implant for circulatory assistance”, were introduced.
More information can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services “HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.